THREE PRIMARY CONNECTIONS
Strengthen your connection with Jesus.
Schedule your daily time with Jesus to get alone with Him, download YouVersion app or Read Scripture app and choose one of the many Bible reading plans, then get a journal to write out your feelings, prayers, concerns, and take notes on what you’re learning through your bible reading plan and Church Online.
Maintain your connection with those you know.
Make a list of 10-15 people you know and love and make an effort to connect meaningfully once a week with each person.
Establish a new connection with someone you don’t know.
Take this as an opportunity to meet your neighbors on your block if you haven’t already, or engage with anyone in your life that you don’t know very well. Give them your contact info and tell them that you’re available if they need anything. Consider inviting people to experience Church Online with you.
HOW SHOULD WE CONNECT?
There are lots of ways to communicate these days. But in general, follow this order of effectiveness when it comes to connecting::
In-person > Video Chat > Phone Call > Text > E-mail
The more you can see and hear someone, the more meaningful and effective our connecting will be. For in-person connecting, we recommend following all CDC guidelines of cleanliness and social distancing. For Video Chat, we recommend Zoom as the easiest tool to use for getting multiple people together over video. (www.zoom.us)
WHAT SHOULD WE TALK ABOUT?
Laugh as much as you can.
- Find as many things to bring joy to others.
- If you’ve found a good laugh on social media or tv, share it!
Share real struggles and successes.
- How is COVID-19 having a negative impact on your life?
- How is COVID-19 having a positive impact on your life?
- Celebrate with each other and support each other through it all.
- If there are needs that the church can help meet, share those on our website.
- Talk about how to best utilize it and experience it!
- Use the Discussion Questions to talk about the message.
- Encourage people to share about it online to keep Red Rock connected and to spread the word.
- At the end of the day, Jesus is still in control. Every conversation can find it’s way back to him. Celebrate him, talk about how he is leading you through this.