As we reflect on 2019 at Red Rock, we are honored and privileged to see the ways God has worked through our efforts to reach the people of Colorado Springs. In January 2019, we unveiled our new mission statement: People helping people discover Jesus and follow Him FEARLESSLY! The new mission statement was a launching pad for people to take steps in following Him fearlessly. In 2019 we have seen more lives changed than ever before!
Thankful for 2019
God has provided for us and allowed us to impact in people’s lives this year. We know this wouldn’t be possible without your Consistent Generosity, and for that, we want to say a huge Thank You.
We also went through a significant moment in the life of our church as we sent out our previous Lead Pastor, Jason Perkins, to go be the Lead Pastor at a church in his home country of Australia. Then we went through the search process to select our next Lead Pastor. Through that process, we celebrate that God has called Petie Kinder to be our next Lead Pastor. December is his first month with us, and we’re excited about the future together with Petie and his family!
Fearless steps taken:
- 55 People baptized
- 287 People in Groups
- 36 People attended Starting Point
- 60 New households being Consistently Generous
- 125 New volunteers served
- 640 Average church attendance (9% growth from previous year)
- 100 new people interested in Community Groups
- 30 Community Groups
Looking toward 2020
We’re excited about what the future holds, which makes this Year End Giving even more important. During this season of generosity, the leadership of Red Rock discussed, prayed, and determined the specific areas we want to focus on in the upcoming year to further reach our city and live out the mission God has given us. Through our year end giving, we hope to accomplish the following:
- Take Two Major Ministries To The Next Level: By hiring a full time Kids Ministry Director and a full time Adult Ministries Director. We believe this will help us see more fearless followers of Jesus developed.
- Prepare For Future Attendance Growth: We are praying that we continue to see great growth in the number of people coming to Red Rock to discover Jesus. We hope to continue maximizing our currently facility and be financially prepared for what’s next.
- Serve Those In Need: We not only want to look to our own internal needs, but to the needs of those in our community and across the world. Locally, your generosity will go to support the Springs Rescue Mission’s effort to build a new kitchen facility to serve the homeless community in Colorado Springs and globally, One Love Ethiopia’s mission to serve vulnerable children through providing further education.
As the end of the year approaches, let’s be generous and pave the way for years to come of kingdom growth and impact here at Red Rock, in the city of Colorado Springs, and across the world in Ethiopia. Please pray about what God wants you to give above your consistent generosity, and let’s make a difference together!